I believe it goes without saying that if you haven’t seen the Captain America: The Winter Soldier trailer yet then you need to stop reading! Watch the trailer and come back! Spoiler Alerts***Major! Continue reading
(Marvel Comics, 2013)
Review by Chris Ambrosio
Writer: Brian Michael Bendis
Illustrator: Bryan Hitch
Colors: Paul Mounts
Letters: Cory Petit
Editor: Tom Brevoort
Hey guys I’m back with a review of Age of Ultron issue #2!
I reviewed this issue quite quickly because I am working on a very large review coming sometime next week a double issue review on issues #16 and #17 of Deathstroke. Hope you guys like a little Slade Wilson.
The first astonishing issue of Age of Ultron left the readers with many unanswered questions, which we find out the protagonists and supporting characters are pondering themselves. Ultron’s extreme onslaught brings on a feel that is like no other we have seen before. Continue reading
- Visit ‘Dimension Z’ from the new Marvel NOW! Captain America title, with an interview from Marvel with writer Rick Remender, with some preview art from the amazing John Romita, Jr.! -> http://marvel.com/news/story/19853/captain_america_enter_dimension_z_pt_1
- Vote on the “Most Surprising (In A Good Way) Comic of 2012″ Poll over at Bleeding Cool! Some great choices! -> http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/12/16/most-surprising-in-a-good-way-comic-of-2012-nominations/
- Issue information (including an Art Adams cover!) from CBR for Robert Kirkman’s “Invincible” Issue #100, where I guess a lot of characters die! Kirkman is turning into a comic character serial killer! :D -> http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=42730
- ComiXology has announced a few new features, including ‘bookmark’ & ‘continue’ features, better sharing capabilities, and a new feature that allows continuing from where you left off on a different device! Read it all here: -> http://blog.comixology.com/2012/12/18/read-pause-continue-across-all-devices-with-new-comixology-feature/
- The awesome color reprints of the original (and not goofy like the cartoon) ‘Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles’ has entered into Volume 3, with 128 pages of TMNT goodness! I’ve really been enjoying re-reading this after so long (though I do miss the black and white look somewhat, had a better feel to it for the style, etc.), and these collections are AWESOME. Get the info here: -> http://www.comicsalliance.com/2012/12/18/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-classics-vol-3-preview/
- Looking for that special something for that special comic fan in your life (or yourself)? Well, then check out Comics Alliance’s awesome “Holiday Gift Guide: Deluxe Editions, Omnibusses, and Art Books” - some very classic and great works represented on this monster of a list! -> http://www.comicsalliance.com/2012/12/18/holiday-gift-guide-deluxe-edition-comics-omnibus-art-book-2012/
- DC Comics have lost the rights to some classic characters such as the Spirit, Doc Savage, and the Avenger, but keep rights to the Spirit archives -> http://comicbook.com/blog/2012/12/18/dc-comics-retains-the-rights-to-the-spirit-archives-but-loses-pulp-heroes/
- Dan Slott, writer of ‘Amazing Spider-Man’, and especially the final storyline, has been receiving death threats. Yes, over a story in a comic. Read about the bull here on CBR -> http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=42731
AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST - NOT NEWS, BUT AWESOMENESS!
Black Widow as drawn by amazingly talented artist Chris Bachalo (click to see a larger version)!